My Photographic Endeavors
Posted On March 3, 2021
My photographic endeavors do not rise to the level of professionals or self appointed photography pro.
- My car, and even my bicycle, cost more than my camera and lenses.
- I am reasonably patient when taking photographs, but will rarely wait an hour for the perfect shot.
- I can use most of my camera’s functions, but do need to carry a cheat sheet for the ones I rarely use.
I was lucky in that the heron took off about 30 seconds after I focused on it while it was standing still. I would not have waited for than a few minutes, however.
I did eidt and crop the photo, however.
Neither are my photographic endeavors drifting along a the more simplistic levels of photography.
- I rarely use Automatic or Program. That is not why I bought a DSLR.
- I WILL spend an inordinate amount of time post processing, to get the look I want.
- While snapshots have their place, I try to avoid them for show and tell.
- I almost never ask people to pose or smile. I prefer a natural look.
My Photographic Endeavors Are Somewhere Between The 2 Extremes
I don’t know if I will ever by a full frame camera.
- With my 6000 x 4000 pixel dslr I can print anything up to 20×24 inches without resizing.
- Since I only carry my camera on a walk or hike occasionally, I have a hard time justifying the expense of a “better” camera.
- I have, certainly, read and re-read the manual as well as various cheat sheets, and still cannot remember everything.
- I usually shoot Aperture or Speed.
- I do use autofocus, but also read some interesting papers on how to use it effectively. (Search “jared llyod autofocus” for more).
I never post photos that have not been processed, at least minimally.
- I do use Lightroom, Photoshop and a host of add ons on a regular basis.
- I change photos to 2 Color, 3 Color, B&W, Sepia and other looks to see the effect.
- I fret over whether the photo is good enough,
- I submit photos for judging in local camera clubs, and thoroughly enjoy getting a high score.
I endeavor to make my photos interesting and worth looking at through all the actions above.
Travel Photos Post
40 Tips For Taking Good Photos
More Tips Here