Engaging Travel Photographs
Not Eye Glazing, But Engaging Travel Photographs
My vacation photos have precious few, if any pictures of Susan or myself.
I hate looking at hundreds of humdrum photos of someone’s trip, 70% of which are duplicates of a previous photo.
These travel shots try to capture the essence of place, which is NOT multiple pictures of Susan or me, in just a couple of minutes.
- 4 Great Cape Cod Bicycle Rides
Our bicycle club used to go riding on Cape Cod and Martha’s Vineyard every year. Whether you bicycle not, it is a beautiful spot to vacation. This link will open a new tab and take you to my other website The Bicycle Site. Just close the tab when you are finished. Do not click, Home or Back to get back here.
Garden of the Gods, Rocky Mountain National Park & Environs. The US and State parks and monuments have some of the most stunning and unusual scenery in the world
- The best thing I can say about this, is to quote a fellow traveller. “Were we on the same trip? I am not even going to post my photos. I will use yours.”
- Simultaneously stark and beautiful.
- Mountains, fjords, the largest glacier in Europe and a thoroughly unpronounceable language
- Some movies and tv shows filmed in Iceland include, Lara Croft: Tomb Raider, James Bond: Die Another Day & A View to Kill, Game of Thrones – seasons 2 – 7 & Vikings – season 5
- Another country vastly different than the U.S.A. Wealth, Middle Glass and some the worst Poverty I have ever seen, side by side.
- Lots of great street scene photography
- Many forts, castles and temples from India’s rich history.
One of our employees told us, if we go to Russia, do not take a land trip. At that time, the country was just set up to handle land tours. We took a river cruise along the Volga, from Moscow to St. Petersburg, stopping at quaint and not so quaint cities and heritage site along the way
Glenn Abelson, Comments Welcome, below